Sir Charles Stanford, Lord of the Manor of Preston, asked his agent to open a sports and social club for the people of Preston, who were mainly his estate workers.
In August 1908, with a railway carriage as a pavilion, the bowls club was opened with Sir Charles as its first Chairman. The club had a quoits court and a 3 rink bowling green.
The club flourished and later set up a second green. The second green was eventually sacrificed to provide an indoor Green and in 1964 an Indoor Men's Club and an Indoor Ladies' Club were formed.
The Ladies Outdoor Club was formed in 2001.
In 2017 friendly discussions took place between members of both committees and at the AGM in September the club became unified with Trevor Vine as its first Captain.