New Members

Outdoor Club Circa 1930

Outdoor Club Brief History

Sir Charles Stanford, Lord of the Manor of Preston, asked his agent to open a sports and social club for the people of Preston, who were mainly his estate workers.

In August 1908, with a railway carriage as a pavilion, the bowls club was opened with Sir Charles as its first Chairman. The club had a quoits court and a 3 rink bowling green.

Mon, 18/11/2019 - 10:57